Rebecca focuses her practice on mass torts. She believes in the power of the civil justice system to promote good corporate behavior and public safety. And she loves helping ordinary individuals utilize that power to seek justice.
Rebecca’s mass torts practice is enhanced by her experience. After law school, Rebecca spent nearly four years defending corporations in commercial litigation. Before that, she served as a clerk to the Arkansas Attorney General’s Office and to Senator Blanche Lambert Lincoln. She also worked for two years in Seoul, South Korea, teaching English and designing a language-immersion program for a joint project between the Seoul Metropolitan Government and a prominent English-education corporation.
Rebecca is a graduate of Yale Law School, where she served as an editor of the Yale Law and Policy Review. She is also a graduate of Arkansas State University, where she graduated magna cum laude and was recognized as Most Outstanding Political Science Graduate.
Rebecca grew up in small-town Arkansas. As a native of The Natural State, when she is not practicing law, Rebecca can be found outdoors – running, rock climbing, or practicing yoga. She is also an avid blues dancer.
- Vinson & Elkins, LLP 2011-2013
- Schiffer Odom Hicks & Johnson, PLLC 2013-2015
- Yale Law School, New Haven, CT
- J.D., May 2011
- Legislative Advocacy Clinic
- Non-Profit Organizations Clinic
- Morris Tyler Moot Court
- Yale Law and Policy Review – Editor
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR
B.A. magna cum laude in Political Science, May 2006
- Baylor University Southwest Model Arab League Outstanding Delegate
- Middle East Studies Committee Grant Recipient
- Most Outstanding Political Science Graduate
Articles & CLE Programs
- Reforms Have Helped Restrict Bias By Juries, HOUSTON CHRONICLE (July 20, 2013).
- Five Things New Oil and Gas Attorneys Should Know, ABA JOURNAL OF ENERGY LITIGATION (Winter 2013).
- “Current Developments and Trends in Royalty Litigation,” CLE at The Institute for Energy Law’s 64th Annual Oil & Gas Law Conference (February 2013)(coauthored).
- Royalty and Post Production Costs: Differences Across the Producing States, OIL, GAS, & ENERGY RESOURCES LAW (June 2012)(coauthored).
- BOEM, BSEE, and ONRR: The Remaking of the “Old MMS,” CLE at the Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Institute (March 2012)(coauthored).
- Second Circuit Holds Arbitrators May Construe Silence in Arbitration Agreements, THE INTERNATIONAL DISPUTE RESOLUTION NEWS (Spring 2012).
- From Options to Planning: A More Strategic Approach for Growing Connecticut’s Economy, CONNECTICUT VOICES FOR CHILDREN (April 2010)(coauthored).
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Accociation