John is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on helping those that have been harmed by individuals and corporations. His practice includes nationwide representation of those gravely injured by toxic substances, defective pharmaceuticals, medical devices or the negligence of others. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyer for each of the past seven years, and is experienced in catastrophic single-event cases and complex, multi-district litigation.
After receiving his B.A. in Latin American Studies (with honors) at The University of Texas at Austin, John received his law degree from The University of Texas School of Law. He earned his licenses to practice law in Texas in 1998 and New Mexico in 2015.
John began his career as a trial lawyer at Baron & Budd P.C. in Dallas, Texas, one of the largest law firms in the country representing exclusively plaintiffs. He then joined Heard Robins Cloud & Black LLP, where he spent 13 years handling mass tort and catastrophic single-event cases, also serving as managing partner from 2007-2013. In 2017, he rejoined Robins Cloud LLP as a partner, focusing his practice on the representation of those suffering from asbestos-related cancers.
He has served as a member, former director, PAC Chair, Vice President-Finance, and Executive Committee member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Asbestos Litigation
- Trucking Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Medical Device Litigation
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1998
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. with Honors (Latin American Studies), 1994
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas